Thursday, June 03, 2010

Enlightenment …

She is immobile sitting on the dirty mosaic floor like a rotund lotus. Her pyjamas are slightly up and I spy wiry hair runny amok. Cant she at least wax, I think She is in a trance supposedly meditating, there is TV blaring in the corner and Yudy is asking lustily “Love ya Cash”. Take the cash , I mumble. A beep. Message from HDFC stating balance in account has gone below the specified limit. Meanwhile, she is chanting Om …..…Aummmmmmmmmmmmm.

Eyes still closed, she lifts up both hands in a namaste position. I try not to look but couldn’t help. Underarms matted with thick curly hair that’s never ever seen a razor or hot wax. I try to avert my eyes in vain and had to when I felt the Osho hanging on her bosom in a bead chain looking at me with reprimand. Her muddy coloured kurtha and feet lined with coarse lines do nothing good to her.

When she finally wakes up, Yudy has disappeared and there is non stop hits playing non stop, and I am on a food marathon digging into the second packet of Lays after eating breakfast. “Hey , listen I’ll get you some nice kurthas” I tell her. Her eyes lit up and say “Really girl that would be nice”.

At the shop, we are having a battle of tastes. I goad her to try the reds, blues and yellows…She needs colour . But she prefers dull saffron, browns and greys. Finally she wins and we go the dressing room to try them all. My top comes off easily while she is struggling and wriggling to take hers off. I stop and help. My eyes inadvertently fall on a bosom- a criss cross of maroon marks from the top trailing down . “Are’nt these love bites I ask”. She blushes with the kurtha still stuck on her arms.

I just pull her out and say “Come, come , lets go!”. She looks at with me little irritated “But I thought you were buying me the kurthas”. Babe trust me , you just don’t need them considering you are getting all that action …I think grumpily and enlightened and a little voice inside my head chants..Aummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..

6 comments:

pRasad said...

Lollzz..

This post is abt whom?..

pRasad said...

I mean whoz the girl in love or cash? ..but neways..Enjoy reading ..Never observed someone closely from that show :D

kammommy said...

@pRasad: this is about my fren whose name i cannot mention for obvious reasons....the TV was just on while she was pretending to meditate.....

Rags said...

For a minute i was thinking "Could Osho be delivering those bites :-D"...btw lovely post as usual

Gingernut said...

hheey! good to see some updates here again...as usual fun to read!

Harish Sreedharan said...

lol :) enjoyd readin...